what i could not remember which is not much is taken from great site www.worldcup-history.com
i've awarded a measure to each draw based on what, albeit in retrospect, in consider the "toughness" of each draw.... 2002 will always be the toughest draw i think while 1998 the easiest.... in 1998 Argentina played two very weak teams in the first round: Japan and Jamaica.. thats unusual...... in 2002 Argentina played two very tough teams: England and Sweden & another team everyone thought was very tough but in retrospect turned out to be a paper tiger: Nigeria.. when Argentina beat Nigeria 1-0 in its opening match, believing Nigeria to be a very tough team, Argentines felt they were on the right track.. you could almost have predicted Argentina would fail to make second round simply by observing Nigeria's subsequent pitiful displays against England and Sweden..
2002 (difficulty index: 8.5)
1998 (difficulty index: 1)
1994 (difficulty index: 5)
1990 (difficulty index: 7.5)
1986 (difficulty index: 6.5)
email at email@example.com
Tuesday, December 06, 2005
- ► 2008 (212)
- ► 2006 (78)
- music listening in 2005 & beyond...
- Elvis Costello interview
- John Kerry calls it like it is..
- This Year's Model
- I think worth thinking about...(press release post...
- My letter to DC Councilmember Jack Evans
- Voila! this is the original Xavier Cugat "Ole!" L...
- the Columbia black label present on issues GL 500...
- Evo Morales. The 10,000 peso question: will he abl...
- Bolivia's native indians have put one of their own...
- Evo Morales triumphs in Bolivia elections!
- lawbreaker flaunts it!
- 2005? Good riddance!!!!!!!!
- Sometimes it is trying to be an American
- Boca Juniors are once again where they should be: ...
- and the band fritters on...
- Miles Davis in Person Friday Night at the Blackhaw...
- the original Columbia label precedes the maroon wh...
- This is an interesting lp to me because it is one ...
- this may be one of the best David Stone Martin LP ...
- David Stone Martin drew about 400 LP covers mainy ...
- Heidi Klum perhaps the highlight of the draw for A...
- excuse the poor picture quality but the point is m...
- Former Argentina coach Bilardo speaks:
- Analysis of World Cup draw from Argentina's coachi...
- Opponent#3- Holland
- Opponent #1- Ivory Coast
- Opponent #2 Serbia Montenegro
- how did ivory coast , serbia and holland qualify?
- HOW IN GODS NAME!
- corrections galore!
- one more thing
- World Cup Draw breakdown
- formatting issue solved
- world cup related web site
- whats gone wrong with the formatting here?
- Now Playing: Bing Crosby's Merry Christmas LP on ...
- Sven-Goran Eriksson feels the exact same as I do!
- Torture and Terror(ism)
- Recent history of Argentina's world cup draws
- Argentina's 2006 World Cup Draw?
- World Cup Draw coming up! Pots have been set
- Two tickets to paradise, I thought (continued fro...
- Last night's gig: TOSCA! mixed feelings on this.. ...
- This LP, "The Consummate Artistry of Ben Webster",...
- let the Verve empire begin... this is Stan Getz's ...
- momentous record collecting decision!
- Argentina's Obelisco Monument in Buenos Aires obse...
- ▼ December (48)