and these are the lyrics of "my wandering days are over" from their first lp "tigermilk".. another song that just hits me real deep... i love the use of the characters of belle and sebastian in some of their early songs.. this is a device they eliminated by the time "if you're feeling sinister" came out... the name belle and sebastian by the way comes from a french children's book series i believe..i know this song so well..its in my skin.. that i can assure you the last line of these lyrics taken from the belle and sebastian official site is wrong.. it should read "you said you were in hell"!..
My Wandering Days Are Over - Lyrics
You know my wandering days are over
Does that mean that I'm getting boring?
You tell me
I'm tired of listening to myself now
I'm tired of fixing things for Michael and the rest of them
You know my bip-bopping days are over
I hung my boots up and then retired from the disco floor
Now the centre of my so called being is
The space between your bed and wardrobe with the louvre doors
I said "My celibate days are over"
You put me straight on the finer points of my speech rehearsed
In the mirror of my steamy bathroom
Where the lino tells a sorry story in a monologue
Six months on, the winter's gone
The disenchanted pony
Left the town with the circus boy
The circus boy got lonely
It's summer, and it's sister song's
Been written for the lonely
The circus boy is feeling melancholy
It's got to be fate that's doing it
A spooky witch in a sexy dress has been bugging me
With the story of the way it should be
With the story of Sebastian and Belle the singer
I said "My one man band is over"
I hit the drum for the final time and I walked away
I sew you in Japanese restaurant
You were doing it for business men on the piano, Belle
You said it was a living Hell
You said that it was Hell
email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, March 24, 2005
- ► 2008 (212)
- ► 2006 (78)
- world cup soccer qualyfying in full swing
- Chuck Berry's first LP: Chess LP-1426 "After Schoo...
- Chuck Berry
- who is whitey?
- dear diary
- and another belle and sebastian uber-opus-master w...
- the lyrics to string bean jean...warning may induc...
- stuart murdoch of belle and sebastian
- Belle and Sebastian
- this would be pretty cool!
- the return of stevie wonder
- Tom Delay contacts God to ascertain his purpose.
- 1...2...3........and we are DONE with the new LP!
- White Stripes finish new album!
- "Rummie" south of the border..
- "Who's your daddy?".... US Secretary of Defense Do...
- media fails once again
- James Brown earlier today in Buenos Aires, Argenti...
- time to see bob dylan again!!!!!!!!
- Tom Waits 20 most cherished albums..
- welcome spring! come on in
- robert crumb lp covers
- arianna huffington hits it out of the park (and sh...
- now playing: Cuba's "Estrellas de Areito"
- George F. Kennan moves on
- Noted cartoonist Robert Crumb, a renown collector ...
- testimony on capitol hill today regarding steroids...
- the face of major league baseball at today's congr...
- Dexter Gordon's "Doin' Allright"...Blue Note 4077....
- more on larry cohn and blue notes from jazz collec...
- larry songer on blue notes again
- A Reader's Letter to the Washington Post
- a banana country in 48 words
- everyone gets taken sometime!... george clooney- s...
- breaking news- confirmed- US tells world to take f...
- current reading
- Bird and Diz MG C-512 10 inch LP- one of David Sto...
- the back cover of Charlie Parker's "Bird and Diz" ...
- Fifty years since you're gone.....
- spiffy bird
- blow cat blow
- bird gets the worm!
- looking good!
- it was fifty years ago that Charlie Parker passed ...
- Eduardo Mateo: pending debt (deuda pendiente)
- and the side B label picture which came out a bit ...
- and the side A record label
- given its historical significance I am reproducing...
- the record that started "Mateo Madness" for me: Ed...
- Eduardo Mateo- the great uruguayan singer songwrit...
- if you've got a cool mil and a half to spare...
- The brilliant songwriting performing team behind "...
- "Britta" - a song written by my friends
- BrittahHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Britta Phillips now t...
- Luna leaving the stage for the last time....
- Site of the Week- Luna's Last Waltz
- Stevie Wonder rap on innervisions...
- if i was an italian i'd be thinking: "with friends...
- George Carlin
- George Carlin flees rehab and hits dc!!!!!!!!!!
- Great Ray Charles Quote
- this is as good as james brown gets...
- Album of the Week: Love Power Peace
- if they didn't tell me the guy on the right was ou...
- Anyone but Schumacher!!!!!!!! (Michael pictured he...
- Formula 1 is back with the Australian Grand Prix k...
- Total Rinus Michels links
- It's Mr. Michels to you sonny boy..
- Rinus Michels
- Is that Simon Lebon I see?? No don't be silly that...
- Japan's "Oil On Canvas" live double lp from 1983
- Big in Japan
- auspicious start! (notice yahoo boxscore still ref...
- Spring Fever!!!!!!!!!
- El Rey de los Timbales!!!!!!!!
- Tito Puente on Tico!
- Peter Gammons on Steroids!
- ▼ March (80)