email at 47west63rd@gmail.com

Thursday, October 28, 2004

John Peel can now be found spinning records for Marc Bolan, Ian Curtis, and Nick Drake on Radio Heaven

John Peel, one of the more important DJs of all time (certainly of my time), passed away earlier this week....Would I have been able to listen to much of the great music I've come across in my lifetime without the contributions of this man? I doubt it. As Bernard Sumner of New Order said: "If it wasn't for John Peel, there would be no Joy Division and no New Order. He was one of the few people to give bands that played alternative music a chance to get heard, and he continued to be a champion of cutting-edge music throughout his life."


for more information check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Peel


No comments:

Blog Archive