email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, January 16, 2009
The Wondeful World of Antonio Carlos Jobim
Somewhat neat score... Jobim's 1965 Warner Brothers LP (his second) On Warner W 1611 with arrangements by none other than Nelson Smock Riddle..In fact as a sign of the kind of respect Riddle commands he gets his byline "The Brazilian Mood - With Nelson Riddle".. ANyways this is the original mono issue...The liner notes on the back cover by Stan Cornyn are kind of ridiculous.. you can tell they were trying to position him as a pop star: "His brown hair tumbles over...He sings. His eyes peer out over his music stand, seeing the beaches of Brazil, the soft girls, the pale winds. His eyes, as if unaccustomed to the bright studio day, blink frequently."...$1.00
Posted by Record digger at 11:32 PM
- Dean Martin- Everybody Loves Somebody & Dean Marti...
- Frank Sinatra- Swing Easy and Songs for Young Love...
- Solid State Presenting Thad Jones Mel Lewis &"The ...
- Mary Wells- Greatest Hits
- Don Ellis- Music From Other Galaxies and Planets
- The Gil Evans Orchestra Plays the Music of Jimi He...
- Jamiroquai- Cosmic Girl Promo 12" inch single
- Mott the Hoople debut album Atlantic SD 8258 test ...
- Nina Simone- Sings the Blues
- Stan Getz at Large
- Pink Moon LP labels/inner gatefold/full cover gate...
- Nick Drake - Pink Moon
- Dizzy Gillespie Plays
- Afrique- Soul Makossa
- King Cole Trio - Volume 4
- Hank Crawford- Soul of the Ballad
- Willie Nelson- Somewhere Over the Rainbow
- Johnny Mathis - Warm
- The Wondeful World of Antonio Carlos Jobim
- MECO: Star Wars and other Galactic Funk
- Record purchases
- ▼ January (21)
- ► 2008 (212)
- ► 2006 (78)
- ► 2005 (502)