I’ve always had a lot of respect for guys who just say, ‘Here it is, and if you beat me, you beat me.’ That’s the way he’s always gone about his business,” Torre said. “You don’t have to throw the ball 95 miles an hour to be a successful pitcher. I mean, I grew up in the big leagues with Warren Spahn and Lew Burdette and those guys who relied more on command than on blowing people away.
“A lot of times Maddux will beat you with his reputation,” Torre added. “Sometimes, hitters go up there trying to look for too many things. But he’s always going to give you a pitch to hit. The thing is, he has the knack of reading hitters’ body language. It seems every time you take a pitch it’s a strike, and every time you swing, it’s not. He just doesn’t throw the ball straight—and he’s got the guts of a burglar.”
email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Its over but no one realizes it? (if a tree falls ...
- Silver Beats coming and will be back up band for C...
- Virgin Festival 2008 Line up announced Pimlico
- Bob Cranshaw- Master bassman!
- Sonny Rollins (with Bob Cranshaw) April 18 Kennedy...
- Four tickets to paradise?
- CONFIRMED: There will be a new AC DC album in 2008...
- Stay classy Israel!
- Joe Torre on Greg Maddux
- I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!
- Let it Rock!!!!!!!!!! Thank you General Franco!
- Open letter to Michael Gerson at the Council on Fo...
- Barack Obama is dead on
- Speechless about this Craigslist ad..
- What Moby said!
- New Salman Rushdie book coming out..
- Shelby Lynne- State Theatre, Falls Church, Virgini...
- Santana April 6, 2008 Merriweather Post
- Santana & Derek Trucks Band April 6 2008 Merriweat...
- ▼ April (19)
- ► 2006 (78)
- ► 2005 (502)