i will say that i have been saying what obama is essentially advocating for a few years now.. the great mistake vis a vis irak was not so much going in as the failure to simply declare victory once we got rid of saddam and just plain leave..
the world could have laughed all they wanted but we would have been rid of saddam - who by no means was our friend- and spared ourselves unecessary loss of blood and treasure not to mention creating a breeding ground for terrorists..without our long term continued massive presence there its hard to imagine that al qaeda would have given two farthings about the place..
morton kondracke- by no means a genius i readily admit- sums it up in these words:
Judging by his agile performance at Tuesday's Iraq hearings, Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) now is opting for the famous George Aiken formula from Vietnam days: Declare victory and get out.
Or, rather, as an update on the late Vermont Republican's 1966 idea, Obama would declare the situation in Iraq "manageable" and drastically reduce American forces -- possibly, he suggested, to just 30,000.
Of the three presidential candidates displaying their intellectual wares in questioning Gen. David Petraeus and U.S. Ambassador to Iraq Ryan Crocker, Obama surely was the most subtle and shrewd.
Then of course Kondracke messes it up by toeing the national party line that Obama is wrong because we can't leave now! No we must stay forever! Poor Morton just misses the point of what Obama is saying entirely: if we dont' define success in a measured realistic manner we will be there until the year 2034..by that point of course the US will have been bled so dry by this continued fiasco that we'll be begging Argentina to send us soybeans at a subsidized rate so our impoverished citizens can put food on the table!
For the rest of the article check it here
email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Its over but no one realizes it? (if a tree falls ...
- Silver Beats coming and will be back up band for C...
- Virgin Festival 2008 Line up announced Pimlico
- Bob Cranshaw- Master bassman!
- Sonny Rollins (with Bob Cranshaw) April 18 Kennedy...
- Four tickets to paradise?
- CONFIRMED: There will be a new AC DC album in 2008...
- Stay classy Israel!
- Joe Torre on Greg Maddux
- I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!
- Let it Rock!!!!!!!!!! Thank you General Franco!
- Open letter to Michael Gerson at the Council on Fo...
- Barack Obama is dead on
- Speechless about this Craigslist ad..
- What Moby said!
- New Salman Rushdie book coming out..
- Shelby Lynne- State Theatre, Falls Church, Virgini...
- Santana April 6, 2008 Merriweather Post
- Santana & Derek Trucks Band April 6 2008 Merriweat...
- ▼ April (19)
- ► 2006 (78)
- ► 2005 (502)