taken from www.jerryleelewis.nl
First characteristics of last night's show in North Bethesda, Maryland
Edmund sent in the following report. Thanks Edmund!
The band did:
1) Slippin' And Slidin'
2) Lonely Weekends
3) Johnny B. Goode
4) [Some blues song but I forgot the name]
Jerry came out and did the following:
1) Roll Over Beethoven
2) Over The Rainbow
3) Drinkin' Wine Spo-Dee-O-Dee
4) Georgia On My Mind (made some nice comments about Ray, saying how he enjoyed his movie)
5) Before The NIght Is Over
6) Mexicali Rose
7) You Win Again
8) Crazy Arms (by request)
9) Chantilly Lace
10 Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On
11) Great Balls Of Fire ((extented piano solo, like movie soundtrack. Was great.)
Sorry, I don't remember the direct order in which he did the songs. He did say before he did Before The Night Is Over that his album was being released this month. He added that he has heard this month after month, but they promised him it's coming out this month.Jerry was in perfect form, although he walked out very slowy and left slowy, and you could hear his age when he spoke. However, when he played the piano and sang he was in perfect form. I couldn't believe how great he sounded. I give this show 5 stars all the way. I wasn't disappointed, if there was ever a disappointment it was only in the fact I wanted him to play all night long. The whole show counting his band's number lasted 75 minutes, so I don't htink anyone got cheated. And Jerry was out there most of the time! so I would say Jerry's was between 45 - 60 min's long, so I thought he did well.
the unidentified song by the band was "Big Boss Man"! and the band's "johnny b goode" was more like a chuck berry medley which included "sweet little rock'n'roller"
Also jerry lee lewis played "Sweet Little Sixteen" after "roll over betthoven"
and he played "trouble in mind"
email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, January 21, 2006
- ► 2008 (212)
- rolling stones first live album got live i you wan...
- and this was the set list...
- last rolling stones show i caught..october 1997- h...
- Breaking news: Going to see the Rolling Stones Feb...
- Nedra Pickler: the worst "journalist" in America
- this is too good to ignore even if its from the sl...
- i can't believe nalbandian lost... what a jip! :(
- Argentina's David Nalbandian hits a pretty acrobat...
- Jerry Lee Lewis Last night at Strathmore, Bethesda...
- back cover of "she still comes around" lp features...
- Jerry Lee Lewis album "she still comes around (to ...
- Jerry Lee Lewis album from the very early 70s...
- Jerry Lee Lewis takes a bow at the conclusion of ...
- Jerry Lee Lewis last night at the Strathmore imme...
- ticket to last night's show..thats right.. JERRY ...
- spinning tonight in memory of the great wilson pic...
- Play Ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- oh man not wilson pickett
- Harry Belafonte's "Calypso" LP on RCA LPM-1248.. b...
- Harry Belafonte
- Happy Birthday To Me I was having a good sleep in...
- Happy 300th Ben Franklin!
- Al Gore speaks and 47west63rd was there!
- Motown founder Berry Gordy Jr. put out some LP's o...
- Happy Birthday Martin Luther King!!!
- Lush Life indeed!
- Blue Note 1585: Jimmy Smith's Groovin' at Smalls' ...
- this is the cd i was talking about which introduce...
- Beny More's "Pare...Que Lllego el Barbaro"!!!
- Willie Colon plays DC on farewell tour!!!!!
- give me FANIA or give me death!
- oh one more thing about babasonicos album anoche
- a little babasonica
- Chicago Tribune summary of Babasonicos "Anoche"
- My favorite rock record from 2005 came out towards...
- Letterman tells Bill O'Reilly how it is
- ipod/dvd kill sound system!
- ▼ January (37)
- ► 2005 (502)