"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials
email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2008 (212)
- ► 2006 (78)
- ► 2005 (502)
- Is it just me or does Bush look like a cowboy? is ...
- Belated congratulations to DC's one true champion....
- Stand Up! (get it?)
- Spin the Black Circle!
- Roxy Music's "Country Life" LP (1974)
- election wrapup (Part I)
- Its the health, stupid!
- Picture taken this weekend (by Bilal Hussein for...
- if the shoe fits..
- recommended movie!
- I am away on a mediation retreat. The blog is ther...
- Michael Moore's last letter before election
- electoral prediction correction..
- Gore Vidal speaks...
- ▼ November (15)