email at 47west63rd@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Return of the Purple One- Site of the Week

I missed some great shows last year but none more so than Prince's tour for Musicology...Prince's Tour last year grossed him the ungodly sum of over $90 million and sold out arenas across the country! He came to the MCI center and I slept on it.... I have a knack for doing that with shows at bigger venues.. In any case, thanks to a kind soul in France I'm celebrating my birthday groovin' to Prince's show from June 18, 2004 in his home town of Minneapolis. The band is smoking and includes Candy Dulfer AND Maceo Parker on saxes... They run through a ton of classics and even introduce some unusual teases (was that just Deep Purple's "Smoke on the Water" I heard?). Anyways, check it out for yourselves (the 2004ever icons):

http://redcorvertte.free.fr/livemusic.htm

No comments:

Blog Archive