How do you deal with criticism about the Stones being too old to rock & roll? Do you get pissed off? Does it hurt?
People want to pull the rug out from under you, because they're bald and fat and can't move for shit. It's pure physical envy -- that we shouldn't be here. "How dare they defy logic?"
If I didn't think it would work, I would be the first to say, "Forget it." But we're fighting people's misconceptions about what rock & roll is supposed to be. You're supposed to do it when you're twenty, twenty-five -- as if you're a tennis player and you have three hip surgeries and you're done. We play rock & roll because it's what turned us on. Muddy Waters and Howlin' Wolf -- the idea of retiring was ludicrous to them. You keep going -- and why not?
email at email@example.com
Monday, March 06, 2006
- ► 2008 (212)
- 501 jeans
- On the turntable this week: Chris Connor's Chris C...
- The Buck Stops Here on Muse by Buck Hill
- Buck Hill at HR57
- This is a Milton Glaser Dylan Poster which was in...
- now playing; rolling stones goats head soup from 1...
- with all the programs i download my old photoedito...
- keith richards interview 2002 (RS)..right on the m...
- rolling stones mariner baltimore feb 1
- ▼ March (9)
- ► 2005 (502)