Here is a quote purported to be from Hank Mobley towards the end of his life.. I found it on the internet and it was part of a pretty good bio but unattributed:
"The doctor told me not to play it, or I might blow one of my lungs out. It's hard for me to think of what could be and what should have been. I lived with Charlie Parker, Bud Powell and Thelonious Monk; I walked with them up and down the street. I did not know what it meant when I listened to them cry--until it happened to me."
email at email@example.com
- ► 2008 (212)
- Dean Martin's "A Winter Wonderland"
- Hank Mobley Obituary
- January 11, 1986: Mobley's curtain call?
- Did the revaluation of Hank Mobley begin here?
- Also check out
- More on Mobley's dissapearances from the studio
- Whatever happened to Hank Mobley? (via Dizzy Reece...
- Ron Paul
- John Coltrane Blue Train
- ▼ November (11)
- ► 2006 (78)
- ► 2005 (502)